I usually have the model style herself with whatever wardrobe she can bring. In this case, this shirt happened to be something the MUA had on and we decided to throw it on the model. Personally, I love when the MUA shows up and she’s a fashionista.
Light is an AB800 with a mounted reflector placed close to the model screen right. Shot in RAW in black and white, converted to color and then I tweaked the temperature and tone in LR.
My direction for the model was basically to put movement into the fringes of the shirt, pull it in weird ways, and do unexpected things. It was kind of a dancing rhythm we ended up with (I think I was playing some Skrillex at the time). Thing about dancing though, I don’t necessarily want the images to look like dancing shots. I’m looking for the sway, bounce, fall, and twist in her poses, but not necessarily the shape or lines of a girl dancing. I’m still looking for an editorial fashion aesthetic. Sometimes I’ll even ask the girl to “dance” against the beat, like move with a completely different energy than the song. Like she’ll move slow and caress herself while the song is upbeat. Sometimes in that conflict, interesting things happen. And if it doesn’t result in anything useful, we abandon it and try something else.
- spider1961 reblogged this from perlamoda
- mellevousmoi likes this
- baikuken reblogged this from perlamoda
- buildingithigherburningitdown likes this
- justlikeflamingos reblogged this from perlamoda
- cristopherjames likes this
- haitianlovesong reblogged this from perlamoda
- sikimi reblogged this from perlamoda
- hushcharles likes this
- perlamoda reblogged this from chris-vongsawat-models
- oio likes this
- osmynoree likes this
- chris-vongsawat-models posted this